Carrick: United Will Bolster Squad To Push For First Premier League Title Since 2013
Michael Carrick expects Manchester United to add to their squad before September 1 as they target a title push. United have been linked with Brighton’s Carlos Baleba.
Man United signed Tielemans, Santos and Darlow early but have gone quiet since. Carrick says more players are coming as United prepare to face Hull and Ipswich.
New permanent boss Michael Carrick believes more signings are coming to Manchester United before the window closes as he targets ending the club’s 13-year title drought.
Manchester United are linked with Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba and a left-back. Michael Carrick is confident of more arrivals before the September 1 deadline.
Michael Carrick says Manchester United will strengthen further this summer. United face Hull on Saturday with Tielemans and Santos potentially debuting.
Michael Carrick backs United to strengthen as fan frustration grows over transfers. Carrick expects more Man United signings before transfer window closes.
Man United eye Baleba deal as Carrick eyes more signings before deadline...
Michael Carrick believes Manchester United will add to their squad before the transfer deadline as they gear up for a Premier League title push, with Brighton’s Carlos Baleba among those linked.
United ended last season in third after Carrick took over on an interim basis following Ruben Amorim’s dismissal. That run has sparked optimism that the club can end their wait for a first league title since 2013.
The new permanent boss sees his side kick off the campaign away at newly-promoted Hull on Saturday, and he’s confident further reinforcements will arrive before the window closes on September 1.
“I just think we're looking to strengthen the squad. We're certainly working towards that and making the most of the situation that we have, trying to improve things,” he told reporters on Thursday.
“Certainly trying to make most of the opportunities to finish the window stronger than we went into it. I think we're in a good way to doing that so far.”
United did business early, bringing in Aston Villa’s Youri Tielemans, Chelsea’s Andrey Santos and Leeds keeper Karl Darlow. But with little activity since, frustration has started to build among United supporters.
Landing Cameroon midfielder Carlos Baleba would be a big statement, and the club are also reportedly in the market for a left-back.
While Carrick wants more reinforcements, his immediate focus is on Hull away and Ipswich at home before the window shuts on September 1. He pushed back against the idea that United should expect easy wins against the two promoted sides.
“I think, first of all, for all of us who know this league, there's no favourable start,” he said.
“It's a tough start, a newly-promoted team away from home is a tough, tough game.
“I've been involved in them in the past so I'm fully aware of what's at stake, what's coming at us on Saturday, what we've got to be ready for, so it's not favourable.
“I think it's an easy thing to throw out there, but it's pretty ridiculous and we're certainly not taking it that way at all.”
Tielemans and Santos could both be in line for their first competitive appearances for United at Hull.
Mason Mount has returned to training after sitting out the last two pre-season friendlies. However, the latest setback in his injury-hit time at Old Trafford could see him miss Saturday’s opener.
“He has picked up a bit of a knock, there are no dramas. It is nothing major,” Carrick said.
“Of course, he has missed some football over recent years, and he wants to be fit and wants to be in that full rhythm and wants stay fit, so we're doing our best to help him do that.
“He's a top player. Mason will be back very, very soon. If not immediately.”

No comments:
Leave comment here