Carlos Alcaraz Returns to Action in Doha
| Alcaraz aims for improvement in Doha return |
World No. 1 Carlos Alcaraz focuses on ironing out weaknesses ahead of Qatar Open return. After Grand Slam sweep, Alcaraz prioritizes improvement as he returns to the court in Qatar.
“I have to be ready for that and see where my level is, where my tennis is...”
Carlos Alcaraz is back on the court, and he's being real about his game - he's got weaknesses he's still working on. The Spaniard's got an impressive resume, though, with all four Grand Slam titles under his belt by age 22.
Alcaraz's rise has been meteoric, and he's not slowing down. He took down Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open final, cementing his spot as world No. 1. Now, he's heading to the Qatar Open.
Carlos Alcaraz is gearing up for his Doha campaign, where he'll face tough opponents like Jannik Sinner. Alcaraz says he's focused on improvement, aiming to hit the ground running after a long break.
“Obviously I can see that (I have had) a lot of success so far, winning the biggest tournaments in the world,” Alcaraz said on Sunday.
Jannik Sinner, Carlos Alcaraz, and Daniil Medvedev strolling around Doha.
— The Tennis Letter (@TheTennisLetter) February 15, 2026
(via ghastgormen on Tumblr h/t @sinnervideos) pic.twitter.com/k685H0dIJN
“But I see myself with weaknesses. A lot of players, I know they're trying to catch up with me in terms of studying my game, how I play and trying to beat me, trying to challenge me.
“I have to be ready for that and see where my level is, where my tennis is. I have to try to put myself in their minds and think what they could do when playing against me.
“So that's what I mean about saying I have to improve some things. Obviously, you cannot be lagging in the level, you just have to keep it going.”
Alcaraz takes on Arthur Rinderknech in his Doha opener, and he's got a 4-0 head-to-head record against the Frenchman. Still, Alcaraz isn't getting complacent - “I'm not taking anyone lightly.”

No comments:
Leave comment here